Local ordinances are laws, rules, or regulations passed by a political subdivision smaller than a state or nation.
The public has a right to know about County information and can make an open records request.
Are you a victim of family violence? We may be able to assist in filing an Application for a Protective Order.
We can assists local merchants and citizens in collecting amounts stolen through worthless checks.
Government Affairs Paralegal – July 5, 2018
- Paralegal / Legal Assistant – The Montgomery County Attorney’s office is seeking a paralegal / legal assistant for its Government Affairs Division. The position supports three (3) transactional attorneys in areas including contracts, labor and employment, and open records.
- The position requires a minimum of three (3) years of experience in legal transactional support.
- Completion of a Paralegal Certificate Program is preferred but not required.
- Certification by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization is preferred but not required.
- The ideal candidate should have strong writing, research, organizational, and communication skills. Additionally, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment are essential.
- The approximate salary is $45,000 – $54,000, but the actual salary is commensurate with experience. The County also provides excellent retirement and health insurance benefits, continuing legal education, and free covered parking.
- The successful applicant must pass a criminal history background check as a condition of employment.
- The Montgomery County Attorney’s office has 5 divisions (CPS, Juvenile Prosecution, Real Property, Litigation, and Government Affairs) and employs a staff of approximately 30, including lawyers, legal support staff, a victim assistance coordinator, investigators, and an administrative manager. Our office serves as the chief legal advisor for the county government, which includes over 2,200 employees. For additional information about the Montgomery County Attorney’s office, please visit our website at mctxcao.org.
- The Montgomery County Attorney’s office is located in downtown Conroe, Texas, approximately 40 miles north of Houston and less than 10 miles north of The Woodlands. The county is one of the fastest growing in the State of Texas, and has a current population of over 500,000.
- To apply, please email each of the following to Natalie.Laurent@mctx.org:
- Three (3) references
- Cover letter explaining how you would be a good fit for this position.
Montgomery County is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.