Who We Are
who we are.
Chief Legal Counsel for Montgomery County
The county attorney is the chief legal counsel for the Montgomery County government. Our office provides legal representation to Commissioners Court, county elected officials and department heads, members of our law enforcement, and other county employees in the performance of their official duties.
- We prosecute juvenile criminal felony offenses and Class A and B misdemeanor offenses committed by children between the ages of ten (10) years and under the age of seventeen (17) years.
- Our office is responsible for all real estate issues including acquisition, use, maintenance and disposition of real estate owned by Montgomery County.
- We serve as the legal advisers to the local Texas Department of Family & Protective Services (TDFPS) office.
- We represent Montgomery County and the officials of the county in all civil matters pending before a court of Montgomery County or any other court.
- Our office assists local merchants and citizens in collecting amounts stolen from them through worthless checks.
- We help citizens obtain civil commitments for those who have family members suffering from severe mental health issues.
- We assist private citizens in obtaining protective orders against those that are committing family violence against them.
Our Leadership Team